20 June 2001

Basking in Parisian sunshine

Paris, 20-23 Jun 2001



This was right before Eastern Europe cos I wanted to visit Paris again and cos I didn't want to go back to Sg too early!

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Having spent some five or six days in Paris back in 1999-2000, this was a lot more relaxing - no need to catch every single sight, more to revisit certain places..

And this time, no more ferry! We went by Eurostar :)

In the beginning, the four of us went out together. I only remember Versailles. And it was hot! PR lent me his sunglasses cos I could hardly see with the sun in my eyes, nice guy :)


We must have also been to the Eiffel Tower together - the last time I was there, I didn't go all the way up. Not sure if I did this time round though hoho!

I also ended up riding a merry-go-round :p


I remember one night, we went to somewhere along or off Champs-Élysées for mussels, probably Léon de Bruxelles? Remember it sounded like "mussels" :p Of course, I didn't have mussels; just had some other seafood. But the guys all had mussels, which came in a bucket with a huge basket of chips!

Later, the boys went off on their own - probably to some place I have been before - while I headed for the catacombs. Unfortunately, they were closed that day I went!

So I walked along the Seine by myself... It was nice just to roam the city, especially when the weather was that good :)

No comments: